So you’ve decided to take a long trip, but you’re worried about leaving your valuables sitting in your house tempting would-be thieves. Yes, you’ve got your lights set on timers, you’ve put newspaper delivery on hold, and you’ve arranged for your neighbor to take your mail. But you know that houses that sit empty for long periods of time are magnets for robbers. Somehow empty houses just scream ‘Come rob me!’
What to do? How can you ensure that you won’t spend your time far away constantly worrying about your valuables?
The affordable answer is a self-storage unit at Browning Park Mini Storage in Benton, AR. You can rent a unit that’s just the right size for your valuables for however long you’ll be gone.
Choose Which Items to Move to Your Self-Storage Unit
Of course, you would be heartbroken if any of your possessions were stolen in your absence, but obviously, you don’t want to move everything into storage. So go through your possessions and choose which items to store.
1. Electronics are prime targets for thieves. Computers – the personal information stored on your computer is probably more valuable than the actual equipment. Other electronics that tempt thieves: televisions and entertainment systems
2. Musical instruments that are easily moved.
3. Important documents that are not in your safe deposit box. Keep these items safe to guard against identity theft.
4. Any item whose loss would devastate you.
Browning Park Mini Storage Is Waiting for You
Visit our facility to check it out. We’ll be happy to show you around. You’ll find that it’s a safe place for your valuable possessions – secure fencing, security lighting, and cameras. You can go on your long trip feeling certain that your valuables will be safe at our facility.
Organize Your Belongings
When you return from your trip, you will have forgotten which items are in which boxes. You will be so relieved if you had already organized everything so that you can easily pick and choose which items to bring home first.
1. Label all boxes on every side, including the top.
2. Put boxes with similar items close to each other.
3. Put heavier boxes on the bottom.
4. Use a shelving unit for fragile items.
5. Make a list of items in each box.
6. Make a map showing which boxes are where.
7. The extra work you do when packing everything up will make your life much easier when you return to unpack your belongings.
Arrange for Payment of the Unit
You probably won’t want to be thinking about making payments on time. You’ve probably set up most of your bills on automatic payment. Do the same for your storage unit. Either set up automatic payment for your unit or prepay it for the length of your trip. You’re going to have your mind on other things while you’re gone. Dates won’t have the same influence over your actions. The old saying ‘out of sight, out of mind’ is really true. So make sure that your storage unit is paid so you won’t find yourself locked out on your return.
You might even find that you like having a self-storage unit at Browning Park Mini Storage in Benton, AR, so much that you’ll end up keeping it once you’re back home.